Friday, February 6, 2009

Trip to California

The girls and I took a sudden trip to California on the 17th. We were gone for just over 2 weeks. My mom had an accident and was in the hospital in ICU so all my sisters and my brother came home for a short time. My mom is doing better but she will be in a rehabilitation home for about 2 months to build up her strength and try to walk some. She had originally fallen down the stairs and broken her 2 major bones at the ankle. They had to do surgery and put in pins. Then the hospital overdosed her on her pain killers and nearly killed her. So besides the fact that we were all there because we weren't sure what was going to happen next, it was nice to see everyone again. We are all spread out. Jennifer is in Washington, I'm in Oregon, Christine is in Arizona and Dave, Candie and Eileen are in California. So we don't all see each other much. It'd been almost 2 years since I'd gone down to California.
The girls and I took the train, since we didn't have a car yet to drive. We do now but that's for another blog another day. So anyway, we took Amtrak to California, a 14 hour train ride. It was very long. However it did help that I brought my portable DVD player, so the kids watched movies and when they were asleep I watched movies.
So California was nice and warm for most of the trip. It was 70 degrees on a couple days. I really enjoyed the sun down there.
While we were there we were able to go to Micke Grove, it's a tiny little zoo type of park. The kids had a blast. I got to visit with a few friends, but not all. But we had a great time with the one's we did see. Here's some pictures from our trip.

1 comment:

rachel said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Please give her my best. She's such a sweet lady.