I tried this recipe for BBQ beef sandwiches in the crock pot and it turned out so good. I'm picky and usually don't like most BBQ sauces, but this I really liked and will make again for sure.
BBQ Beef Sandwiches
3lb roast
1 c. water
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. catsup
1/4 c. mustard
dash of Worcestershire sauce
Put roast in the crock pot with the water and bouillon cubes and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours until tender.
Shred meat and retain 1 c. of juices from cooking. Add remaining ingredients to shredded meat and give it a stir. Put back in crock pot and cook on low 3-4 hours or high 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
Serve on rolls and enjoy.
We added sliced cheese to ours and it was good.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Sounds really good. I would like to try it in my new crock pot. And yes, it is the one where the lid latches on. I am glad you like it. I had one a long time ago, but no matter what setting it was on, it cooked on high.
So, did you just use a regular rump roast?
It was some cheap roast on sale when i bought it, but i do think it was a rump roast.
Post a Comment